ABRAHAM ADVENTURES

ABRAHAM ADVENTURES
My Lolo Dodong

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I LOVE KOTA KINABALU

My terrible experience at the airport when we arrived last January 31, 2011 was replaced with so much love and ease as I strolled around the city. This is just a small, simple, peaceful city. I love it here. I feel at home here in KK. Foods are cheap, most are even cheaper than in Pinas. Vegies, fruits, milk and meat are fresh. People are warm too, and very helpful with tourists, though many of them cannot speak an English phrase and might give you the wrong direction. This happened to me many times, because they don't understand much with English words. I'm glad I am Pinoy. Yahoo!

With this problem, I got a clue. Ask questions from the ladies, students or from decent-looking individuals around, especially those wearing uniform or ID. They know how to speak English, or they work in an office or they have had English subject in school.


Borneo Backpackers, the hostel where I stayed is located at the city center and very close to everything - malls, markets, restos, internet cafes, pharmacy, taxi & bus stations, hotels/hostels, banks with ATM's, plaza, city hall, post office, hall of justice, police station, etc.


This city is highly influenced by Chinese, besides the Malay culture. In fact, due to the Chinese New Year 2011, the city now is so peaceful because many stores and establishments owned by Chinese are closed. February 2-6 will be a holiday here and a long weekend.


How I wish to visit Mt. Kinabalu, the highest peak in SEA, even at its foot, but it takes 3 hours by bus from KK and I don't have so much time to travel back & fort. Maybe next time.



 

1 comment:

  1. bongga ha,may blogspot c kuya lits.hehehe.asa na mga new pics sa KK?

    ReplyDelete